STATEMENT OF INTENT SECOND DRAFT

For my music video, the existing artist I will be using is the R&B singer SZA and for my original name, I will use my own name. The footwear brand that will be featured in my music video will be Nike and the name title of my original music magazine will be "Nostalgia" For the music video, I plan on meeting the brief by aiming to make my music video 3 minutes long. I aim to use two locations, specifically an area with nice scenery such as a park and restaurant. For my video, I would like for the lighting to be quite natural by using the sun for the majority of the source of my lighting. I will be challenging typical R&B stereotypes of people wearing minimal clothes and flashy outgoing outfits by getting my actor to be casually dressed and in casual make-up since the vibe of my music video will be casual. For my editing, I plan to use a lot of short scenes with multiple cuts during the video.

Only one person will be the focus in the video, specifically a female. In an R&B music video, typically there is a large female representation as the star of the video. The social context behind this video is about failed relationships. If we apply Stuart Hall's Reception Theory to my music video, I aim for the preferred reading of the video to be for the audience to see the person's heartbreak reflected through the song and their actions. I aim to make my music video relate to the Person Identity part of the Uses and Gratifications Theory by hoping audiences will see themselves reflected in the video. The target audience for this video is late teens to twenties. It is directed at people who have experienced heartbreak considering that is what the meaning behind the lyrics are. It is also targeted at people with an interest in the R&B genre. I believe viewers would enjoy the visuals and scenery of the video. The potential record company that would promote my artist would be Sony Music and the brand identity for my artist would be for their audience to be able to relate to them in different ways. I would get my fans to engage with my artist by promoting the song and music video on different social media platforms. 


The title for my music magazine will be. My double page spread feature will include an interview with the artist and an image of them. The additional page will include an image and information about the shoe being promoted. For the cover image, I plan to use top lighting when editing the picture so that the features of the artist will be pronounced. There won’t be any props in the picture, just the artist. The image of the artist will be edited in black and white and the shoe will be edited in colour. Only one person will be featured in the photo-shoot. I will use stereotypes in the music magazine by getting my model to dress in the typical R&B style as that is the genre of the music video. Like my music video, the target audience for my magazine will be late teens to twenties. The audience may enjoy the magazine as it will show the ideas and the behind the scenes of what happened in the music video. It will also include an interview of the artist which allows audiences to get to know them better.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAPITAL CASE STUDY

BRITISH FILM INDUSTRY BLOG TASK

LIGHTING